I’m still playing around with this blog, trying to find the best format. Now seems like a good time to do it, since I have, like, three readers.
I got on the scale this morning, and…wait for it…I lost FIVE POUNDS! Now, I know that’s a lot of water weight, etc, but still. Five pounds.
Here’s my plan for right now, and I’m sticking with it because it’s working.
* I’ve cut back from six cups of coffee a day to two.
• I’ve stopped drinking any soda – diet or regular.
• No alcohol unless it’s a special occasion. (And, yes, sometimes Saturdays are a special occasion.)
• I’ve stopped eating even a bite off the kids’ plates.
• I’m eating a fruit and/or vegetable with every meal and snack.
• I eat until I’m satisfied, not stuffed.
• No snacking after dinner unless I’m truly hungry. I have a cup of herbal tea in the evening, and–if I’m starving–an apple or banana.
That’s it. No magic, no gimmicks, no complicated rules to follow, and no counting anything. Today, it’s working, and I’m sticking with it!